Friday, September 12, 2008

F U Radiology! F! U!

Okay, I know that people probably don't want to hear me witch and moan about my day, but ya know, it's my damn blog and I'm free to post what I wish, how I wish, and when I wish! So, without further delay, let the gripping begin!

As I've posted before, I'm a transporter at the local hospital and I work for Non-Invasive Cardiology and the Cath Labs. I ONLY work for those two departments. However, there are other transporters in the hospital that work for another department, Radiology. While we aren't too close, meaning those transporters and I, we are civil. It's understood that we aren't always going to exchange pleasantries, that there is an obvious tension between us, and that they are all douchebags. Well, on second thought, they aren't ALL douchebags, but the ones that have been there for years and years are! Anywho, today my supervisor let me know that I was going to have to help the Radiology department out, due to them having just one transporter. As soon as I heard her utter the words, I got sick. Literally, my stomach wretched and I began to get upset at the thought of having to work with them. let me explain "Them". It refers to the whole Radiology department as a whole. It has a very bad reputation for being the most negative bunch in the whole hospital! When I started my job, I had already heard about their less then stellar rap, but I didn't want to believe it until I made my own observations. Well, after one day of traning with them, I knew that the rep they had was for good reason and that they lived up to it well!


Anyway, back to this day's events! I went on ahead to the Rad. Dept. and proceeded to assist where needed, but during that time, I never once saw the one transported they supposedly had! Not wanting to stir anything, I ignored that fact. Well, once they said I could go back to my dept., I was out the door and running! After about 20 or so minutes of catching up with my friends in my department, I recieved a call from the Rad. transporter, and he asked me to get a patient that for him. Being nice is what I'm known for, but people say that at times I'm too nice and I'm beginning to think they're right. On my way to Rad. I recieve a call from them asking if I could take a patient back up stairs that I had brought down earlier. Upon arriving in the dept., I notice something. Somthing that almost, ALMOST, brought the wrath of Marcelo upon the whole place. The "something" in question, was the Rad. transported LEANING, F-ING LEANING on the counterspace in the lounge area of the department. I bet I can guess what you're thinking, "Why the hell was he just LEANING when there was a patient that needed to back upstairs? WHY?! THE?! HELL?!" Well, that's what I was thinking, and because I've always believed in trying ot be the bigger person, I didn't confront the pinheaded, douche about it. Instead, I walked pasted him and took the patient back up. If it happens again, I will be letting my supervisor know that I don't feel that they are in need of too much help if they have time to be leaning, but for now I'll just be keeping my mouth shut and not helping them until they ask, and only if they ask nicely!

1 comment:

Megen Graddy said...

You're the bigger man baby. Im so sorry you had a bad day!