Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Favorite Song(s) of the Week

So, I was thinking, what cool thing can I come up with that'll make me have to post and this is what I came up with! I'll try to post about new songs every week, probably on Wednesday, but no promises! Starting out, we have the awesome Jennifer Hudson, singing her debut single, Spotlight! It reminds me of her role on Dreamgirls, but not in a bad, "she just repeating herself" way, it reminded me of why she's a great singer! It has a steady tempo that one could dance to, but it might be better to use as a chillaxing song! It's also very "Sing-A-Long" friendly, which is a bigger deal then you might think! Divas tend to release wildly great songs, but they tend to lend themselves to beign very difficult to sing and keep up with, so you're left humming along and mumbling everyother lyric! I'm ranting now, but I'm sure anyone, if anyone, that is reading, agrees! Here is the link to Amazon.com for anyone who wishes to buy the single for less then a $1 or for 5 PepsiPoints!



Now onto the second selection! For anyone that knew me when the latest season of American Idol was on, this pick will come as a shock, so consider yourself FOREWARNED! The song is David Archuleta, singing Crush! Now, I'm still not a big fan of ole' D. A., but I'll be darned if this song hasn't been in my head for past week solid! It's a pop song, which I know turnes more then half of my friends off, but it's a nice, annoyingly catchy tune that I dare you not to have stuck in your head! I still think he's a freaky looking and damn glad he didn't win the American Idol, but I'm man enough to admit when I like a song, and I'm doing so now! So my hat's off to you, Mr. Archuleta, for making good music! At least his single is easy on the ears, unlike last season's runner-up Blake Lewis...I don't think anymore need be said...or at least I'm not saying anymore! Again, here is the link to Amazon.com to buy the single and browse for more. It's a great website, especially if you have oodles of PepsiPoints that you want to get spend! I may just have to post about the magic that comes from PepsiPoints!

No comments: